1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shutting down problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dre0745, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dre0745

Dre0745 Thread Starter

I have just built a new PC for myself and I am having problems with shutting it down. Sometimes, not all the time when I am in Windows and I will select turn off or reboot the computer goes through the shutdown sequence. The monitor turns off, but the fans and power light remain on. So to turn it off completely I have to hold down the power button until it stops.
    Any thoughts on what is happening?

Specs:
    2gb RAM Corsair
    AMD Athlong 64x2 4800+
    MSI K9N Neo V3
    GeForce 8400
    380W Antec PSU

Thank you for any help.
    Dre0745

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Most of the time a shutdown problem is caused by a poorly written driver. Does the shutdown problem happen if you are in safe mode?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/663725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice