1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

shutting down programs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by barbaranna, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. barbaranna

barbaranna Thread Starter

I am not sure what to do .I was on with the tech at Verizon and he looked for the msconfig files to see what I had running when I started up. I don't know much about this He told me I could uncheck boxes on this system config and they still could be used it is just that they would not start up when I sign on and be running in the backround. It would speed up my computer also. Then when I wanted them I would just click on them . Well when I went to that file it says start up and services and I dont know which to work on.Also I had to reinstall my windows xp and when I did or the person that did it for me said there was a choice to use fat32 or nf something or another and we choose fat32.Now when I sign on I dont have a run in the start up and this message keeps coming up about taget or something like like which is a dllfile it says it is missing.If you put the disk for windows xp in and hit repair will it load what it missed?

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Break up your sentences so it is easier to read.

Fat32 and NTFS are file system, don't worry. They should have done NTFS

Exact error message.

What do you mean no run in the startup

3. barbaranna

Sorry about that!
    What I mean is there is no run command option in the start up menu. I clicked on start, right click that is and I get it on classic start option but not on customize or having the button on start . Wanted to know how to put it on

4. barbaranna

Sorry about that!
    What I mean is there is no run command option in the start up menu. I clicked on start, right click that is and I get it on classic start option but not on customize or having the button on start . Wanted to know how to put it on

5. pfurball

pfurball

Howdy barbaranna, Right click on the task bar tray items, far right bottom of screen, you should get a little menu pop up, click on Properties, then Start menu,customize, advanced, then scroll through the list and tick or check, all the items you want to appear in your start menu. This works for XP anyway. Hope it helps.

6. barbaranna

Thanks Alot It Worked

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!