1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shutting down.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Triggerhand, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triggerhand

Triggerhand Thread Starter

During the night time when I go to sleep. After about 30min's my computer turns off, if i get back up and click anything it turns right back on and everythings good to go.

Now If don't get up and I sleep in, in the morning I turn it on and my computer doesn't start up... I click the mouse, keyboard, power button. Nothing! I have to turn off the switch in the back hit the power button a couple times turn the switch back on and hit the power button THEN it turns back on. I dont have any sleep mode on or anything like that.
    WHY?

I dont know if this is relevant, but Today the same thing happened... but nothing worked, my lights turned on and fans but nothing else. I heard a loud clicking... I opened up the case and 1 of my hard rives was clicking very loudly... :eek: After disconnection it and my other 3 hard drive just leaving the main one connected. It started up, but said something about the Bios and backup, I was about it write it down when it tuned off. I turned it back on and selected a earlier point in time start up. Now it works fine.

Turned it back off throw in all my other hard drives they working perfectly fine now.

I guess my question is, what can cause this? What can I do to prevent this? Why is my computer turning off?

2. Triggerhand

Triggerhand Thread Starter

This is the second time this has happened! 102 Views and no replys. Please help.

3. jamwaky

jamwaky

The clicking noise could indicate that your hard drive is failing.

I would recommend running the drives manufactures diagnostic tools to find out further information.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028967

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice