1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shutting down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dougx789, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dougx789

Dougx789 Thread Starter

I was using my laptop when it suddenly shut down for what I could see to be no reason. It was plugged into the mains and operating perfectly. I tried turning it back on but it just flashed a couple lights made a little noise and turned straight off again. This repeated several times. Then it started up, operating perfectly, I ran a AVG to check for any viruses and it completed the scan saying all clear. The laptop continued to work for a couple hours, then shut down. It is once again not booting up. I need some way of booting it up and stopping it from doing this again... What can I do?

2. Megabite

Megabite

I would think it maybe a over heating issue .......does the PC seem to get hot around where the exhaust fan is....or does the power adapter get hot?

3. Dougx789

Dougx789 Thread Starter

It didn't seem to be getting hot.
    Also I have left it off and unplugged for 24hours and it still won't start up, if overheating was the only issue, surely it would start again by now?

4. Megabite

Megabite

So now what happens exactly when you turn it ON ?

5. Dougx789

Dougx789 Thread Starter

When I press the power button, the button it's self lights up, a couple lights on the front light up (battery, power cable, internet etc which always did the same when it was working) and it starts to make the noise of it booting up. This last about three seconds, then everything turns off.
    I have tried turning it on with the battery and power cable, battery no power cable and power cable no battery... Nothing seems to effect it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915175

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice