1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shutts down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crmiddleton, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crmiddleton

crmiddleton Thread Starter

My computer shutts down when I try to access the CD or DVD drives. ??? Help, Please!

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

Are you saying when you open the door it shuts down? When you access from the actual lettered Drive? Let us know...Jazz
    How old is the System?

3. crmiddleton

The door opens and closes fine. When I try to access directories or install from a CD it shutts down.

I located a lable that calls it a Premio MT5845D with a July 2002 on it.

It was being used by a church and when they upgraded they traded it in. The company that did the upgrade has a policy of giving tradeins to churches or religeous workers after they have checked out the equipment. I received it because I spent 32+ years in Africa as a missionary and am now pastoring a church. The company that gave it to me is not in a position service equipment after it is given.

Again thanks for any help you can give.

By the way it is running fine otherwise. I have sitting on the dining table with the box open so I can see the inside.

4. crmiddleton

5. jazz3000

jazz3000

I'm wondering with the age of it, (checked to see if I could find the CD in a data base anywhere and came up empty), if it isn't time you purchased a new one. Your running a windows xp and there may be some compatibility issues. Is this a DVD/CD or just a CDrom? Jazz

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757619

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice