1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sick and TIRED of Windows Security!!

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Anton Wan, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Anton Wan

Anton Wan Thread Starter

If anyone can help me out with this it would be great. I am sick of all of the holes in my Windows XP OS and with all the viruses out their wasting my time. I want to change my machine over to Linux but I am not sure if I should use Red Hat, Mandrake, or Xandros. I do have some experience with Red Hat and Xandros but not alot. My question is what should I start out with and which is more user friendly? Also if anyone out their has some good websites to help get me started that would be great also.

Thanks
    TK

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I always recommend taking a class if you have a local Technical College in your area. It is pretty cheap at my tech school. Around $250 for a semester class.

I use Red Hat but alot of people recommend Mandrake or Debian as well.

3. Mithrilhall

Mithrilhall

4. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

5. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

and the ports are a godsend. bin packages have screwed with one too many setting. If you want to stick with linux, i'd try gentoo, however be prepared to lose any social life or sense of sanity :) MUST BUILD FROM SOURCE :) RECOMPILE :) FUN! :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice