Sick Computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

k redmond

I have a HP Windows XP that is so bogged down it takes 15 minutes to get to the desk top. Any other function takes twice as long. Can anyone tell me what to do to clean up the mess.

k redmond

Don I ran the Hijack and Cshedder and it is alot better. It has just had this problem since we went on vacation and our house sitter left the instant messager running by mistake for several days. It is a HP Pavillion 533C. I am running Windows XP Thanks for the response

Also Run MSCONFIG, select the Startup tab, and un-check everything you don't need. You can experiment as you can re-check one if you find you needed one of them.

k redmond

Thanks for the info Don. Do you have any idea why the cd rom will not read. I can't run any of the restore programs because I can't get the cd to read. Thanks :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online