1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sick little laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kenny1, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kenny1

Kenny1 Thread Starter

Hello there,

I've had a thread running in the security forum here: http://forums.techguy.org/malware-r...-big-trouble-little-laptop-4.html#post7344894 which NeonFx has been helping me with. He has found the computer to be clean after alot of work, however a problem still remains which he advises me is a hardware issue at this stage.

What's been happening is the screen has been freezing up and going all weird and pulsing intermittently, ultimately forcing a manual shut down. This happened a number of times and finally led to a total crash where the laptop wouldn't boot up properly at all. The start up screens started tiling itself in miniature versions of each startup page, but not complete versions, with missing letters and distorted images, etc., ultimately freezing up again before fully booting up. I'm now working on another computer as the laptop is not working properly at all.

Please find attached some pictures I took of the tiling startup screens. I would appreciate any advice as to what the problem might be. Thanks for any help!

Kenny :confused:
    PS. oops, almost forgot the pics...

Attached Files:

2. oksteve

oksteve

Can we assume your display drivers are up2date ?

3. Kenny1

Kenny1 Thread Starter

are they something that would be covered by windows automatic updates? if not I can't be sure.

4. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

go to hp.com & enter your model # in driver support & see if there are any relevant updates for your laptop. windows updates doesn't always cover video/audio drivers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918607

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice