1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Side by Side Configuration Incorrect

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by silvershield, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. silvershield

silvershield Thread Starter

When I try to launch Flight Simulator X, I get the message "The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."

The event log reveals:

Activation context generation failed for "G:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. Is anyone more knowledable than I am? I am running Windows Vista Ultimate

2. silvershield

silvershield Thread Starter

3. nsyrb

nsyrb

what kind of version of Microsoft do you have(Windows)

Window 32,Window 2000,Window xp,Window Pro or Window Vista?

Fsx Is Compatible with windows XP and windows pro not vista or 2000 and or 32!

4. homernoy

homernoy

You might try going to the registry and removing Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable 2005 and reboot. When you are booted back up, re-install Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable 2005. If this does not work, try and remove your antivirus, and repeat the above, then re-install you antivirus. Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/640776