"Side by side configuration is incorrect" BF BC 2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MarkAm_i

Hello, I recently reformatted my pc in hopes of fixing my bad frame rate in bad company 2. When I reinstalled the game and tried to launch it, I got the error in the title. "Side by side configuration is incorrect"

I have spent 20-30 hours searching for a solution, all of the methods in the google results have failed to fix it, and of course the tech support at Origin was unable to help me either.

I'm hoping that someone here might know about this error, BC 2 was my favorite multiplayer game. :confused:

Thanks.

MarkAm_i

Hello, Speccy:
Operating System
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2
CPU
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 43 °C
Windsor 90nm Technology
RAM
2.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 401MHz (5-5-5-18)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0RY206 (Socket AM2 ) 35 °C
Graphics
S/T 77E/76E ([email protected])
256MB ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT (Dell) 61 °C
Storage
298GB SAMSUNG HD321KJ SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 28 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653B SCSI CdRom Device
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+, x64 Family 15 Model 67 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2045 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 294955 MB, Free - 11821 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 6119 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0RY206
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online