1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SideWinder Precision 2 macro incompatability

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thanksforhelp, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thanksforhelp

thanksforhelp Thread Starter

Hello all,
    In order to make my gaming experience that much funner (and easier) I have used the macro creation on my SideWinder Precision 2. This was fairly easy to find in SideWinder Central 3.02 -- which ran on my old OS (Windows 2000). Unfortunately, now that I have upgraded to Windows XP Pro, SideWinder Central 3.02 does not support XP, and I can't get it to install.
    The first thing I tried was to find and install a copy of SideWinder Central 4.0 -- which works, and recognizes my Precision 2, but will not let me create macros and game profiles.
    This is all very frustrating and I would appreciate any help you can give me.:)

In summary:
    Old System: Windows 2000, SideWinder Central 3.02 (completely functional)
    New System: Windows XP Pro, SideWinder Central 4.0 (minimally functional)

2. Larryboy

Larryboy

You guy could try to install 3.02 version on XP, and then run it in compatibility mode with windows 2000.

Don't know if this would work, but might be worth a shot.

3. thanksforhelp

thanksforhelp Thread Starter

The problem with 3.02 is that it wont even complete the install (even if I ignore the warnings and tell it to go ahead.) The error message given:

Error creating process <setup\_SETUP.EXE>. Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754444

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice