1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sidewinder usb gamepad woes....HELP!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by abcowan, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abcowan

abcowan Thread Starter

just bought a new USB port card and MS Sidewinder Gamepad to connect to it. the gamepad seems to be set up fine, but i can't get it to work in any of my games. These include: EASports NBA Live 2000, High Heat Baseball 1999 (that one will work until the game is about to start, and then it freezes up), Need For Speed II, and Quake II. I have DirectX 8.1.
    does Sidewinder simply not work in these games, or could there be another cause? NBA Live 200 is especially problematic. It runs really slowly since i connected the controller, though i have a k62-500 with 256 mb of RAM and a 16MB Riva TNT video card.

i bought the sidewinder because i thought it was a fairly standard and compatible controller, but does anyone recommend a different brand for max compatibility? Any help on this issue would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    abcowan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66951

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice