Solved Sierra - Change default app

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PE_Mac

I upgraded to Sierra yesterday. My odt files are opening in TextEdit instead of LibreOffice. When I go into 'Get Info' there is no option to change which program is the default for that extension. Is there a new way to change the default program in Sierra?

Thanks
PegM

Right click on an .odt document and select "Open With" in the contextual menu that appears. The menu will may list several applications, but choose "Other...". In the window that appears, navigate and pick the application you want to use, and make sure to select the "Always Open With" option that appears in that windows. From now on that application should be used for those documents.

PE_Mac

Right click on an .odt document and select "Open With" in the contextual menu that appears. The menu will may list several applications, but choose "Other...". In the window that appears, navigate and pick the application you want to use, and make sure to select the "Always Open With" option that appears in that windows. From now on that application should be used for those documents.
Thank you, that worked.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online