1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Sign in failed (Yahoo)

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by lafnirvana, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lafnirvana

lafnirvana Thread Starter

I keep getting this email notification every 15 minutes on my phone-"Sing-in failed" with my yahoo email address listed underneath. I have two ways to access yahoo mail. One is via icon on my phone. I do not receive the notice on that email. The other is a "combined" page where I can access both gmail and yahoo. But that one I only access when I receive an email, there is no icon to access it. This combined email access seems to be where the problem lies. I started receiving Sign in fail message after I received the email below. I uninstalled and installed yahoo mail from play store on my Galaxy S5. I also changed my password. Neither solved the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your account is currently not enabled to sign in from apps that do not meet modern security standards (ex. Older versions of mail and calendar apps such as Outlook). As a result, we prevented a sign in to your Yahoo account (xxxxxxxxx-I crossed out my email address before posting this question).
    Date and Time: December 21, 2017 11:38:08 AM PST Location: California, United States (IP Address: 108.71.88.137)
    We strongly recommend that you switch to Yahoo's apps such as Yahoo Mail on desktop and mobile and remove your account from all other less secure apps.
    If you still want to use an app that uses less secure sign in, go to https://login.yahoo.com/account/security#other-apps and turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in". This is not recommended and may leave your account more vulnerable to compromise. To learn more, please visit our help page: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html.
    Yahoo blocked this sign in attempt, but if it looks suspicious to you or it's not from an application that you're using, go to https://login.yahoo.com/account/change-password and change the password for your account.
    Sincerely,
    Yahoo

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Go to this URL on your Android device to install Yahoo Mail: goo.gl/8XWef7

3. lafnirvana

lafnirvana Thread Starter

Ended up calling Verizon. I was right in thinking that the problem was with the "combine emails" app that came with phone. Tech solved problem by going into that app and deleting "data". That effectively disabled that app. No more annoying messages. Also I don't have to access emails twice every time I receive a new one (one on combined app and one on play store app) which I've had to do since I got the phone. So turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Great to hear the problem's been solved! And thanks for posting the solution. Hopefully it'll prove helpful to someone experiencing the same grief.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!