signal over range

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jozzareid

could any one enlighten me as to what it means when my monitor displays 'signal over range'?

It means either the resolution or the refresh rate that the monitor is capable of displaying is being exceeded. Check your manual and do not exceed the monitor specs.

The settings are with your video card. Right click on the desktop and choose properties/settings/advanced. It's usually under the monitor tab but you may have to look around. Lower the refresh rate one setting and see if the message goes away.

I think he means he cant get into windows as in, the monitor wont show screen because he went over monitor specs

If you are using XP, hold down f8 during boot and highlight last known good configuration. That will reboot using old settings. Otherwise, go in in safe mode and reset your monitor settings.

jozzareid

carlsson sounds bout right, tried running safe mode tried last confic. nothing

When you try to use safe mode do you just get the signal out of range message? You could try another monitor, maybe newer and larger. By the way is this a CRT or LCD monitor?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online