Signatures

Does not matter if there is a hack so members can turn it off because said many times that he does not want the image sig's on his site.

I remember back when I was a member at Anime-League forums. Most Mod sigs took up about one third my screen (set at 1280 x 1024 :eek: ). No thank you.

I do however think it might be a good idea to have some other text format options for the sigs. Such as being able to split the text in your sig into two/three columns, useful for those that place their computer specs in their sig and have more then one computer. This could also save some space on some longer sigs.

Omega_Shadow said:
I remember back when I was a member at Anime-League forums. Most Mod sigs took up about one third my screen (set at 1280 x 1024 :eek: ). No thank you.

I do however think it might be a good idea to have some other text format options for the sigs. Such as being able to split the text in your sig into two/three columns, useful for those that place their computer specs in their sig and have more then one computer. This could also save some space on some longer sigs.
Now ^^^^THIS^^^^ idea, I like alot! (y)

That wouldn't be bad. I run a sig sometimes with my specs in it. Usually only when building or testing a new build. That saves me some time if I have a problem and need help. I don't have to type it out every time.

When I am done testing the machine and get it stable I drop the sig. I run a fairly fast machine but it ain't worth writing home about, or posting it in a sig.

I have no problem with text sigs, but my machine changes so often it just isn't worth the trouble most times. I like the dumb sig I am using now. I'll get tired of it and do a new one some day. If I have trouble I'll post my specs until we get it straight.

(Maybe I have machine envy.) LOL, :D

It doesnt matter if 'most' people have broadband these days, theres still those thousands who run on dialup. It's a tech forum, and tech forums are to be all inclusive. How is it all inclusive if people running on dial up aren't able to load the pages at an acceptable speed?

I dont think thats going to happen CLHanssen. You see, many of the members of TSG oppose picture signatures for a good reason. They take up alot of space, cause slower load times, and clutter the board.

Try an equaly unique text sig. I prefer Song lyrics myself.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
No reason for anyone to get upset about this. We're definately looking for suggestions on improving the site, but this is one feature we won't be adding. Thanks for the input, though.

TechGuy, have you gave any thought about adding any other features to the sigs, such as more advanced text editing? Or would that have the same negitive effects as having pictures in the sigs?

Sigs should be simple, this is not about the person, but what info they can provide! Some sites aloow heavy graphics and other junk and it is a waste of space!

Let me rephrase....
I am not talking about flashing text or the like, I am talking about possitional editing, such as bulleted lists, divided columns and the like so people that have alot of infomation (such as computer specs) can display them in a smaller space

Example: A normal TSG Sig now with two computers listed:

Computer A
-----------
-----------
-----------

Computer B
-----------
-----------
-----------

Now if we had columns, that sig would look like this:

Computer A | Computer B
----------- | -----------

That would save five lines of space!

>And something I just thought about, It would also alow for mods to have links to common asked for tools on one side of their sig and any other information they want (be it their own computer specs or a phrase they like) on the other.

CLHanssen

TechGuy said:
No reason for anyone to get upset about this. We're definately looking for suggestions on improving the site, but this is one feature we won't be adding. Thanks for the input, though.
Well why? How many people here have broadband? I would love to have my sig known here.

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
TechGuy said:
CLHanssen said:
Well why? How many people here have broadband? I would love to have my sig known here.
Let's see....Mike....TechGuy himself...owns this site and he very clearly and specifically said he won't be adding what you want...personally thanked you for your input...yet you continue to question him about it? :rolleyes:

I'm on dial-up by the way. ;)

If it bothers you that much to want your sig to show...which I personally think it's evil looking :eek:...there are plenty of other sites you can go to to do so....just not here! ;) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online