Signatures

buck52

Banned
CLHanssen said:
Well why? How many people here have broadband? I would love to have my sig known here.
I certainly won't/can't speak for everyone but...

I have broadband so I could care less about the load time but the thought of having pages displaying images in peoples sigs that are like yours is the very reason..."Well why? "... why it will never happen

buck

Call me an old codger if you wish, but I would suggest that signatures be turned off by default. If someone wants to see the signatures, that person can turn them on. I know this suggestion if adopted would hinder our "self-expression" and might even damage our "self-esteem." But, like I said, I'm an old codger. (Supply appropriate smilie here.)

If someone wants to include their system specs in a post, she or he can copy and paste them from a small text file kept specifically for that purpose.

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
Hi Oscar: You're no old codger! :) We can go to our User CP and turn off sigs by going to "Edit Options" and then uncheck "Show Signatures". But I personally like reading the sigs...but on dial-up such as mine I wouldn't enjoy the even slower page loading if sigs with pics in them were allowed! Mike has spoken anyways....it won't come to pass! :)

By the way...were you still going to do something with the two "Fun Game" threads in Thread Games Forum....I remember you mentioned when the two combined threads totaled 10,000 posts...I think they might be close to that! :D

angelize:

Yes, I'm working on Fun Game! posts 50001 through 65558 now. It looks like Fun Game II is up to about 4800+. So that brings the total to close to 20K past the original 50K. I'll probably wait until the game gets to the second 50K before I report anything. Fun Game II is not going anywhere near as rapidly as the original Fun Game!.

I will also be updating tsgrpt7 as of the end of February, but my wife and I are getting ready to move in March so I don't know how much time I will have available to work on it. We're packing now and sufice it to say that moving from a four bedroom house with front and back yards to a two bedroom apartment with no yard care is forcing us to make some hard decisions about the 40-odd years of junk -- er, stuff -- we have accummulated. And of course, I'm the pack rat, so I don't get much sympathy from my wife.

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
Hi Oscar: Sounds good and looking forward to your reports as always! ;) (y) :) Good luck on your move...I lived in an aprtment once and didn't like it! Noisey and nosey neighbors! Could hear through the walls too! We each got a storage room...but the rooms were separated by thin walls with no top so someone could actually climb into your storage unit...we had to supply a padlock for our individual units...someone used a lock cutter and ripped off lots of our belongings! :mad: I'm a packrat too! :D I have 25 years of clutter in the basement right now! :D Townhouse living is defintely better! Take care and once again good luck on your move! (y) angel :)

CLHanssen

Omega_Shadow said:
I dont think thats going to happen CLHanssen. You see, many of the members of TSG oppose picture signatures for a good reason. They take up alot of space, cause slower load times, and clutter the board.

Try an equaly unique text sig. I prefer Song lyrics myself.
The siggy I want to use is this one:

The size is 250x250 - 68 K

Just put this in as your sig:

Hanssens Angels

Add this to the beginning: [

Then

URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/BloodMaster4ever/HanssensAngels.jpg]Hanssens Angels[/URL]"

I just got questioned on why I didn't list my system spec's the other day?

HERE Post #20

What would you prefer.

"Master Control"

or this: