Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvercrest Videograbber problems

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
hello. I installed the programme and was able to move some family vhs tape content onto my the system on my laptop. Problem is I am not technical (old school) and when I try to burn the saved footage onto a dvd, I am prompted for information which I do not know eg current drive, recording drive and recording speed.

I selected the Silvercrest system because it was advertised as simple and straight forward, but they did not take me into consideration. How do I learn the info they are asking me to provide?

Cheers.

#2 ·
I'm not familiar with that software, but there are two parts to this process.

1) Capturing the video from the source (VHS tape for example) to the computer.
2) Converting and burning the video from the computer to a DVD.

In any case, as to your questions: current drive, recording drive and recording speed

current drive = would be the source drive. In this case, that would be the location of the files on your computer.
recording drive = would be the destination drive. In this case, that would be the DVD drive.
recording speed = would be how much video you are trying to fit onto the disc. This setting will affect the video quality, but would also be chosen based on the source quality (it will also be affected by the video encoder software). It will likely be a matter of trial and error to see which setting works best in your situation. Having said that, based on DVD quality video, a single layer DVD will hold 1-2 hours, and a dual layer DVD will hold 2-4 hours. Based on the source material, I'd say target 2 hours for single layer and 4 hours for dual layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.