1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sim cards and prepaid tmobile

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by rbuck, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rbuck

rbuck Thread Starter

I have an older Nokia phone that I use with Tmobile on a prepaid basis. I use the phone mostly for emergency use. ;)I haveGold Rewards minutes that don't expire for about a year (not even then if I buy $10 more). I want to get a newer prepaid phone from Tmobile or Ebay. Can I move my SIM card from the old one to the new one and continue as I was befrore with minutes, same number etc.?

Don't fully get the relation between SIMS and phones.

Thanks,
    Rbuck

2. rbuck

rbuck Thread Starter

FORGOT TO ADD THAT tMOBILE SUPPORT IS WORTHLESS AS FAR AS QUESTION ANSWERING GOES. ON LINE CHAT REPS NEVER SHOW UP!

RBUCK

3. Nita

Nita

I forgot to say that the phone number is attached to the SIM card and not to the phone.

4. Nita

Nita

I just posted a reply which seems to have disappeared. Here in the UK you can put the SIM into another phone provided that the phone is not locked to another network. If it is locked you can often find the unlock codes on the web and here at least you can easily find small shops which will do it for you. Just make sure that the phone you buy has a removable SIm card . I bought an inexpensive Virgin phone on my last visit to the US and found htee was no visible SIM it seemed to be integral part of the phone. Most American I spoke to didn't seem to know what a Sim card was.
    Good luck.

5. rbuck

rbuck Thread Starter

Thanks for all the good input as usual. Problem is solved!

Rbuck

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice