Simcity 4 Deluxe CRASH

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pyrrho

I bought Simcity 4 Deluxe yesterday but it has given me nothing but trouble. Every time I start the game the menu loads up fine but as soon as I try to start a new city / go to any tutorial it loads for some time and then crashes to my desktop. I updated the video drivers and downloaded all the necessary Windows updates. What can be the problem?

System Information:

CPU Type: 2566 MHz GenuineIntel Pentium IV
RAM: 512 MB Total, 270 MB Free

Video Card: RADEON 9800 PRO
Video Driver: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.10.6476

Sound Card: Creative SB Live! Series (WDM)
Sound Driver: P16X.sys
Driver Version: 5.12.01.0203

DirectX: DirectX 9
Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 1 5.1.2600

Pyrrho

And, I patched the game with the EA-update(s), so that can't be it either.

Pyrrho

I re-installed the game, and for some reason, the problem solved itself. I'm off playing...

CoasterFreak

Everett
OK I was going to tell you. Maxis has some problems with there games. They tend to crash a lot (The Sims, Sim City) Maxis games are memory hogs and require an excellent video card. Seems like you have it all good though. Hmmmm, try freeing up some more memory to prevent any FUTURE problems.

Well I have the same problem. I have played yesterday for about an hour and the game crashed. Now, when I enter the game, it crashes to desktop again. The performance thing didn't worked and I couldn't get a reply from EA. Any info?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online