SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition - Dat file failure

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

always-learning

I am running Windows XP - Drivers all up to date. PC more than powerful enough for the game.

I have rang the EA help line and they said that my PC might be too powerful to run the game! WTF?!

Never heard that line before.

SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition - Disc 1 loads fine.... 48% in asks for Disc 2 ... insert disc 2.... reads continues.... then it comes up with Sim_City1.Dat file failed Retry or Cancel.... keep hitting retry and loads to 100% and then does nothing.... Only way out is to cancel the installation.

Screen grab below.... Any ideas?

Image link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/59249308@N04/5424390527/

Tanis

Shane
It sounds like your machine is having a problem reading the 2nd disc. Check to see if it has any scratchs, smudges, smears etc. on the disc itself.

Cant say I have heard that excuse myself either, a little strange!

always-learning

It sounds like your machine is having a problem reading the 2nd disc. Check to see if it has any scratchs, smudges, smears etc. on the disc itself.
No scratchs/smudges/smears etc on the disc.... just trying to clean the drive/laser with cd brush cleaner thing.... but alas no luck.... Any chance the software on the disc is corrupt?

Cant say I have heard that excuse myself either, a little strange!
I know I might start using that one myself....

Sorry mate your websites too good for SEO!!

Tanis

Shane
If the disc worked previously then its unlikely the software on it has become corrupt as the data is physically imprinted onto the disc for mass produced items. This is why physical scratches can have such an impact.

I had the exactly the same proplem! unless that i couldnt load the file Simcity4.dat file 4. But i could manage to get the game running without using the setup. to do that you have to copy all the files that are in the filelist.txt file. copy all the files that are showing in the text and sample them in one folder named "Sim City 4 Deluxe". but i cant run sim city 4, cuz i couldnt copy the data file :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!