1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SimCopter

Discussion in 'Games' started by shorts41, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shorts41

shorts41 Thread Starter

I'm currently running SimCopter on Windows XP, with a a 3.01 GHz processor, 1 gig of RAM and a GeForce 6200.

That aside, the issue I'm experiencing that is making the game completely impossible to play is my character continuously runs in a counter-clockwise circle. I can press and hold the right arrow on the directional pad to break the cycle, but as soon as I lift my finger off the key I resume running circles. The problem persists upon entering my helicopter (if I can even get close enough to it).

What's interesting, however, is I have the exact same problem when I play Streets of SimCity. I've tried patching SimCopter but I get an error message saying it cannot be installed on my computer. I've also tried unplugging all my input devices (keyboard and mouse) but it doesn't stop me from running in circles.

The only thing I can think of is one of my game files is corrupted, likely one that is shared by SimCopter and Streets of SimCity. However I've tried downloading the game via BitTorrent (since it was originally installed via CD-ROM) and it came up with the same problem.

Maybe I just need to reformat my computer again...:confused:

2. Cardboard Box

Cardboard Box

Hi

Your problem could be due to a lot of things but on my xp, streets of sim city wouldn't because the computer was too good for it. Maybe youve got the same problem. Try reinstalling sim copters direct x. (y)

3. iwassnow

iwassnow

Try running in compatability mode for windows 98 or 95. I looked up the game and it's a little dated.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    little? Try close to 15 years ;) :D lol

Definitely use Windows 95, or perhaps DOSBOX. I think it may be using DOS.

5. iwassnow

iwassnow

I was trying to be nice, lol. :cool:

6. Cardboard Box

Cardboard Box

Hi

Sim Copter is pretty old but I don't think it runs on DOS, cause I have it. One of my first computer games after duke nukem 1...... :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/705104

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice