1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Simple Adblock for IE

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Fuzzy55, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fuzzy55

Fuzzy55 Thread Starter

First hello all, i wonder if you could help. Simlpe Adblock For IE just
    wonder, has anyone used this, have seen it on several sites say it
    is tested spyware free-Virus Free, i use Firefox with adblock or Safari for windows
    for most of of my surfing, but still use IE for some.

So any info on Simple Adblock would be appreciated

simple adblock http://simple-adblock.com/

Thank-you
    Paul

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Don't know much about it other than it is hosted on CNET and Softpedia, very reputable download sites.

The domain name is registered anonymously, so no way to know who owns the website.

3. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

ad blocking for IE is very difficult when compared to extensible programs like firefox. For this reason the likelihood of finding a decent ad blocker isn't very good.
    Here's a link to a blog where the developer of adblock plus for firefox talks about it and why he won't attempt one.
    Adblock Plus for Internet Explorer is not an option

4. raybro

raybro

Just a suggestion... If you install the Coral IE Tabs add-on for Firefox, you will have little need for IE at all. It works on M$ update sites and most government sites. I can recall one time it did not work on some government site, but cannot recall just what it was.

Raybro

5. Fuzzy55

Fuzzy55 Thread Starter

Thank-you all for replies.
    well i googled it, could not find anything bad, cocerning it, it works with the Easy-list just
    like Adblock for firefox,CNET and Softpedia, say clean and many others, so i thought i would
    try it, after install scanned with, full version counter-spy-Avg pro-and free superAntispyware
    MalwareBytes, done bitefender online. and EST Nod online scans, Ran Hijack this put it an
    Analizer, and nothing was found, all showed clean, so seems good to me,

It works brill not seen 1 Add or pop-up just like the Firefox Adblock.
    so then uninstalled just to make sure, it uninstalled, OK,then re-installed scanned again
    seems clean nothing found.

Thanks again
    Paul

6. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

I try not to add anymore to IE than i need to...I use it on Microsoft sites or if I think ff may be giving me trouble etc.
    Is ff giving me trouble because of blockage?.....then I try the site in IE.
    ABP for ff is very sweet as well as many other add ons....we can always play with ff until we break it...isnt a big deal...just remove the add on etc or remove ff and install again worse case scenario....I really wouldnt want to hose IE over something such as ad block when ff already has it

7. Fuzzy55

Fuzzy55 Thread Starter

Hi i use as said Firefox with ABP, also Safari for windows, for 90% of web surfing
    and i am not suggesting that anyone tries [the Adblock for IE,]it is just i still use IE sometimes
    and was just looking for an ADblock, and asking if anyone knew anything concernig the Adblock for IE

also i am not saying it is 100% safe and am not
    encouraging anyone to try it.

All i can say is it is installed on an older laptop fully patched running XP with service pack3
    and as already said have done several scans and all comes up clean,But not saying for anyone to try it

Thanks
    Paul

8. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

I had looked into the same thing several months ago..I had talked myself out of it though...the process had seem a little complicated as compared to the ff add on...I am not saying are leading anyone into a disaster lol...but I kinda look at IE as my back up browser as well as for testing to etc...the closer I have it to "stock" the easier it is to track down a problem etc.
    Adblock on ie would be an example..as if a page wouldnt load a video wouldnt play it would be harder to track the cause.....by keeping my ie "stock" it is easier to troubleshoot some problems.

9. Fuzzy55

Fuzzy55 Thread Starter

Hi Brett, yep understand where you are coming from, anyways thanks for all your input and others,
    was appreciated, i'll keep testing this anyways .lol on this old laptop, see how it goes, to
    be honest so far it has worked like a peach, no Adds, But yes I love my Fox the Best(y)

Thanks again

Paul

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/911139