1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

simple commands ....typing them .....help

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by garyduel, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyduel

garyduel Thread Starter

Hello
    I am trying to copy and paste an icon into my "pixmaps" folder(so i can add to desktop icons)
    I am using a linpus linux lite os ..(pain in butt)
    CAN some kind person please tell me how to perform this simple task(in windows it was a breeze) i need the explanation to be step by step...
    I have only just found the cmds for this os in "sbin" but would not have a clue which ones to use.
    I realise you need to activate permissions at times, all well and good ; so i go into root BIG QUESTION.....Then what how do i navigate to the actual file to change said permissions, i am perplexed!!!!
    I am only guessing that this is what i have to do... I have had this laptop for 2 weeks now and have nothing but head slamming sessions trying to get it to work and do the most simplistic things that would take 3 secs in a windows os.
    I have managed to get 2 icons onto my desktop by adjusting the data in XFCE-group.exe(i think from memeory) but just want to put a "VLC" icon onto it but need to have one in the pixsmaps folder.....
    Sorry for the long winded dilema but needed to explain self fully

please any help would be appreciated

regards

gary Duel

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice