Simple dual-screen question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Damonc

Damon
Is there a program or anything that will allow two different wallpapers on a dual screen system?

Create your own dual wallpaper, with two images of appropriate size joined together.

I use two images joined as a single 2560 x 1024 pixel image, displays neatly as dual wallpaper on my two 1280 x 1024 monitors.

As the dual monitors run as an "extended" desktop, its really only one actual desktop, so I am unaware of any ability to separate the function of wallpaper for each.

Damonc

Damon
kiwiguy said:
Create your own dual wallpaper, with two images of appropriate size joined together.

I use two images joined as a single 2560 x 1024 pixel image, displays neatly as dual wallpaper on my two 1280 x 1024 monitors.

As the dual monitors run as an "extended" desktop, its really only one actual desktop, so I am unaware of any ability to separate the function of wallpaper for each.

but if you do that, doesnt the image just squash up on the screens? like so both backgrounds are identical..? if you get what I mean

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
My Nvidia drivers allow different wallpaper on the two screens. Check the desktop configuration screens. Of course, it would be helpful if you specified the exact make/model of your video card.

Oh ok I see the problem here!!

I have the same ;0..

DamonW, are you using an ATI card? If so, you don't have the nView program, which lets you do what JohnWill is saying...here's an alternative, its a 30-day-trial, after that it costs $39.99 (waaaaaay too much for me).

But, currently, I'm looking for an alternative...I searched the forums and got this topic :p...

Oh yeah, the UltraMon thing has some compatibility issues, but it's worth a try..

~Cid2

Damonw has a nVidia GeForce 5200 video card (listed in his signature). The nVidia software should take care of his problem as stated in John Will's post.

Damonc

Damon
OK I should state things better.. This is my work machine not my home one (as listed in my sig)..

The work machine has a Geforce 2 MX400 (Sad hay?)
and I put in a standard PCI (Virage) video card..

so thats what I'm running..

I'd like to have the dual screen setup on the home computer, but I dont have the desk space.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online