1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Simple E-mail Send From Excel

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stumcvic, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stumcvic

stumcvic Thread Starter

Hi all,

This is my first post. Essentially my problem is one that is no doubt relatively straight forward, however I am an absolute novice (as in no experience) in VBA. I have a multi-sheet workbook that is being used for people to enter their work times (each sheet is a different employee, with each row being a separate day). I would like (if possible) to have an email sent automatically to an end user if they haven't completed their time sheet from the day before. I have the IF function in place so that a cell will trigger either send of don't send depending on the value of the time cell at the end of the previous day "=IF(AND(B10=TODAY()-1,(F10=$H$1)),("SEND"),("DON’T"))" where B10 is today's date, and F10 is a blank time.

I have each employees email address listed on their individual sheet. Essentially I feel like I have all the necessary components together (the easy bit) I just don't know how to put it all together.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even more so if you could explain what is actually going on!

Cheers

Stuart

2. DataBase

DataBase

a copy of your workbook would be helpful here as otherwise we'll have to recreate it and I doubt anyone would do that. If you remove sensitive date and attach it I can help with the code.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1181663

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice