1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Simple Excel Macro

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by francine, Oct 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. francine

francine Thread Starter

How do you create a very simple macro to automate a repetitive step or two I'm doing in an Excel Spreadsheet?

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Francine: Did I not include the instructions on how to record a macro in Word when I sent you that email? I'll resend it, if necessary. It's the same steps to do it in Excel. The only difference is that you create the toolbar button AFTER you record the macro. Basically:

Hit Tools-Macro-Record new macro, give it a name. Take the steps you "usually" take, then hit the Stop button on the Record Macro toolbar. To test it, hit Tools-Macro-Macros and run the macro. When you're ready to create a toolbar button, just hit View-Toolbars-Customize, click on the Commands tab. On the left column, scroll down and select macros. On the right, click on the smiley and drag it onto a toolbar. Edit/change the button as directed in the Word Macros document. Close the toolbars dialog. Click on your new toolbar button and it will ask you to assign a macro, double-click your macro name. Hit the button again to run the macro.

------------------
    ~dreamboat~
    Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
    Brainbench

3. francine

francine Thread Starter

In regards to your referencing that you had already sent instructions about macors. You did and I thank you for that. I thought I had mentioned but I guess I did not that I could not open any of the links you sent on my computer at work. I can (I think, I can't remember that for sure either)access them at home. Is it possible to just send the information you have on macors via this site?
    When you say:
    "Hit Tools-Macro-Record new macro, give it a name. Take the steps you "usually" take, then hit the Stop button on the Record Macro toolbar."
    I don't know what those "usual steps" are. If you can help, I would appreciate it.

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    "The usual steps" are the repetitive steps you're taking in your statement:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>How do you create a very simple macro to automate a repetitive step or two I'm doing in an Excel Spreadsheet?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
    ~dreamboat~
    Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
    Brainbench

[This message has been edited by Dreamboat (edited 11-01-2000).]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/37770

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice