1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Simple help required

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by musicreach102, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. musicreach102

musicreach102 Thread Starter

I hope you can help me. I'm a novice with computers and could do with some simple help please.

On my last laptop, when I put DVDs in, they played right from the off. I have just purchased a new Dell laptop running Windows 8, and i'm having a few problems.

I put the DVD in, it whirs, but it doesn't play. DVD drivers are apparently already installed on the machine, If I click on "computer" the DVD is there, but i can't get it to play ( ihave tried with numerous different DVDs).

What am i doing wrong???

Thanks for your help

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
  3. musicreach102

Hi,

On the order it stated that the laptop came with:

Optical Drive : 8X DVD+/-RW Drive
    Cyber Link Power DVD

I judge that the Cyber Link Power DVD is actually the Cyberlink Media suite disc that came with the laptop, However, on the disc it states that "this disc is only to reinstall the software already installed on your computer". Which I judged to mean that it was just a backup.

4. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    Does Cyber Link Power DVD or something like it show up in the Start Menu or however Windows 8 allows you to start a specific program? If so, what happens if you start the program and put a DVD in the drive?

Are we talking about commercially made video DVDs or some other type of discs?

5. musicreach102

It's OK, i managed to sort the problem myself. i was being an idiot.

Thanks for the help though!

6. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    You're welcome.

Can you share how you solved the problem? It might help someone else with the same issue.

Can you also please mark this topic as "Solved" using the button by the first post.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088741

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice