1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Simple problem...

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by puter hater, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puter hater

puter hater Thread Starter

Im using FP (don't laugh I like it) the question is what do you do to stop the movement of the items on the page. http://newlifechristianschool.com/55.htm. If you grab the sides of the page the content will collapse on to itself. I need the items to stay put. The content was made by teachers using word. I have to deal with these newsletters every monday and so far this is my biggest issue beside word not transfering over very well and I have to rebuild. But one thing at a time.

puter hater

2. Rockn

Rockn

You may want to have them set up the document in word using tables for the layout. This may be easier to convert to HTML or edit to get it the way you want. If you think it looks bad in IE try looking at it in FireFox.

Another thought would be to set up a template with editable regions in FP and have them sent you the document content that you can cut and paste into the selected editable regions. You might alos want to post an image of the original document layout and someone might be kind enough to make you a template.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432936

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice