simple ques re deleting temp files etc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tom Seeley

My wife and I both have accts on our desktop computer at home. We're running XP Pro SP2. I'm the admin and she's not.

When I want to clean up stuff like cookies, temp internet files, etc., do i need to log on as her to clean out her part? Or does it all get cleaned out all at once when I log on as the admin under my own name?

Hi Tom!

By default, deleting temp. internet files, cookies, etc. by using "Disk cleanup" or from your web browser will only delete your stuff. These files are stored in separate folders (just as your documents are) for each user.

If you're an admin you could of course go and delete these files manually, but it's probably easier just to log into her account.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online