1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Simple Question - Disabling Power Management From Startup

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Krelian, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krelian

Krelian Thread Starter

Hi, I have Windows ME, and I want to disable the power mangement system from running at startup. My computer is always on or off, never goes into suspend, and I have no use for it.

What I would like to know is how to do it safely. I know it can be done. Can anybody help?

Thanks!:eek:

2. Katzy

Katzy

Right-click on the desktop, go to the Screensaver tab, click Power Management and set everything to "Never". That should do it.

3. Krelian

Krelian Thread Starter

I set everything to never, but it still ran at start up. I decided to go ahead and disable it with msconfig, worked. I don't know why but I had the crazy idea that if I did that it would mess my computer up! Oh well. Hehe

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!