1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Simple question

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Fidelista, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fidelista

Fidelista Thread Starter

I want to buy a good antispyware program ---active protection and a effective scanner.
    I am very familiar with some , but I am interested in two .
    I just got rid of Antivirus 2009 using superantispyware (y) , but I still have a question.
    Which would be best to buy ?
    1. Superantispyware
    2. Malwarebytes

I havent kept up with stuff lately , and since I will be buying -- I would like some input from my friends here at TSG :) >f

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

That's a good question. I like both, honestly. I just really started using MalwareBytes more and seems like a great tool. (y)

3. Awizarddidit

Awizarddidit

to be honest scanning every couple days at http://housecall.trendmicro.com would be my solution. They, in my experience, have the most comprehensive coverage of virus and spyware definitions. As well you always know when you are scanning that you have the most up to date scanner. Follow the steps its pretty straight forward *and free* They do offer a product you can buy called PC-cillin which I havent tried but know others who say it works awesome.

4. Fidelista

Fidelista Thread Starter

Well , I am using Super now , free version , and I will keep it as a scanner.
    I was just wondering about Malwarebytes --I have no experiece with it--new to me .
    I want the best as I will be loading it {paid version}on all families and some friends PC'S.
    Its the real time protection I am wondering about . Superantispyware has a good scanner , I can testify to that.
    I only will purchase one , in realtime protection. :) >f

5. Fidelista

Fidelista Thread Starter

I am interested in real time protection because ......... I can't trust my wife , family and friends to use a scanner until things are really messed up :eek: . I need something to protect by force !,
    Something to offer instant fix . Only real time protection will do what I need .
    Thanks for the tip on housecall , that has worked well as a online scanner for a long time .:) >f

6. Holly3278

Holly3278

You do realize that if you are going to be installing it on multiple PCs, you will likely need multiple licenses right?

7. lunarlander

lunarlander

I use Webroot's Spy Sweeper. It's got a pretty good reputation and has active protection.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/744035

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice