1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Simple ? regarding excel & opening links

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by java_momma, Feb 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. java_momma

java_momma Thread Starter

I am creating a ss where I have hyperlinks. (A whole column is links).

I want the links to open in Avant Browser, instead of IE6. I've set Avant as the default. I've gone into my computer>tools>file types and looked, and all http, html, ect types are set to open with Avant.

What am I missing?! It's driving me bonkers. The only reason behind it is that IE6 is not compatible with the site that the links are associated with, otherwise, I wouldn't care.

Thanks,
    Erin

2. Teknolyfe

Teknolyfe

After looking thru Excel to an extent ive come up with 2 things.

1. Due to the fact that IE6 is Microsoft and Excel is Microsoft, something tells me that would be one heck of a workaround to have the links open in another browser.

2. Excel does however have VB Scripting, so possibly someone (wish I could write it) could write you a Macro so that when you click a link it opens it with your Avant browser instead.

Sorry I can't help anymore more than this, perhaps someone else sees something i did not.

Tek

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/203135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice