1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Simple slide-show software to create random slide show

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by stephannand, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephannand

stephannand Thread Starter

Mar 11, 2005
    I'm having a family reunion on Saturday at which there will be a screen for a slideshow of photos. We have a folder of around 1500 pictures which we want shown on the night. I tried windows movie maker, spent hours arranging the photos so that they were in no particular order and in the end it couldn't deal with the large file size. I have also tried smilebox but it won't let me import the photos en masse and I can't be bothered individually clicking 'add' on them all.

Basically I want a simple software that will allow me to add all 1500 photos at once and will jumble them up for me so that they're not in alphabetical order (the way shuffle would work on an ipod, no picture would be shown twice). Any suggestions welcome asap. Thanks :)
  2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

May 25, 2005
    I'd use the freeware Irfanview and have it make a slide show.

Attached Files:

3. Knotbored

Jun 5, 2004
    You might consider just making the screensaver work.
    Right click on a blank area of your desktop
    choose properties/screensaver
    choose monitor power-set it to an extended period-perhaps an hour
    Play with the settings to get interesting views
  4. bp936

Oct 13, 2003
    I use Preclick for years, Best redeye removal, excellent for burning CD slideshows and you can arrange pictures in any way You can just run it on a DVD player and carry it with you,make copies for other people.

If you just want to run from the computer I also use Irfanview (free) or ACDSee, (bought version)
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/862878