1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Simple stupid Excel 2013 question I can't find answer to

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Tom Seeley, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Seeley

Tom Seeley Thread Starter

I can't believe I can't find the answer to this simple question in the "help" screens for Excel 2013 but I can't, so I'll ask here!

I'm running Excel 2013 on a Dell desktop with the latest windows, etc. No problems at all with the program itself.

I've created a simple line chart of X and Y values showing stock value vs stock price under two alternative strategies for owning the stock. The X axis (stock price) runs from $6 to $20 but the Y axis (stock position values) runs from a high of $10,000 to a low of -$5,000. The graph itself looks exactly right, except the labels for the X prices running from $6 to $20 appear right under the $0 value line on the Y axis, instead of below the entire graph where I want them. So the graph looks dorky, with the labels for the X axis in the middle of the picture instead of below it.

For the life of me, I can't figure how to move the labels to below the graph itself. Nothing I see when I right-click "format axis" moves those labels.

Can someone please help me out here? It's obviously not a showstopper since the graph is correct, but I'm a stickler for appearances, and besides, after banging my head against the wall most of the day yesterday, I'm ticked off at myself and I just wanna know how to do it!

2. draceplace

draceplace

Posting a sample excel of the graph would make understand the problem 10x easier.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1198101

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice