1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

simple tech 120 g hard drive taking forever to load

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crow2k80, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crow2k80

crow2k80 Thread Starter

these past 2 days my hard drive, simple tech 120g, has been taking forever to load. It gets reconized by the computer but the files aren't loaded. THe auto play goes on for a while then the window opens up that shows all my files. I try to open a file folder, pictures of itunes form there, and the drive freezes up. I want to recover my files and transfer them to a new hard drive, bigger hard drive but with this freezing crap I can't do anything.
    I read some info about using getdata back, and another prog called test disk. heres a link,
    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Hard-Drive-Problems-2113/2008/4/Recover-Files-SimpleTech-External.htm
    You guys on this forum have helped me before and I'll appreciate any new help I can get now. all my pictures and music on are this external hdd.
    thanks for the help.

2. Moocat

Moocat

Can you provide more information?

Do you mean that your computer locks up when you open My Computer then click on the drive icon?
    Is this your main hard drive (has windows on it)? If it's a secondary hard drive, is it external? SATA or USB?
    What operating system are you using? I'm assuming Windows, but is it XP or Vista or something else?

3. crow2k80

crow2k80 Thread Starter

i put in the external hard drive and it starts to load..but it takes forever for the computer to pick up all the files. the auto play takes forever. It just doesn't want to load the files fast. then when its all loaded. i go to my computer and click on the external hard drive, which would be dirve K. It opens the drive folder, then i go to open a pictures folder and then it just freezes. I get the no response message.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703055

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice