1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

simple yes or no question

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by DemonSoul666, Sep 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DemonSoul666

DemonSoul666 Thread Starter

ran Kazaa I know it is full of spyware and etc. used ad-aware 5.83 and uncovered 2 components. they were c:\WINDOWS\system32\cd_clint.dll and c:\WINDOWS\system32\cd_htm.dll. I backed up the files and got rid of the two components. Just wondering if I totally get rid of the back-up files will the OS need the two files in the future, because I do not know what the files are for and importance (if there is) Please tell me yes or no

2. DemonSoul666

The OS is win XP Pro

3. mtbird

mtbird

4. DemonSoul666

mtbird your offline now but thanks for the links to the website I'll try it out this will probably fix it if not i"ll system restore or reformat

5. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    And you might conisder just uninstalling Kazaa and installing Kazaa Lite. It's spyware free.

6. Tact

Tact

/me intrested in kazaa lite. but will my results be the same? i wouldnt like it if i got less results from a lite version. :p

and if you want to get rid of spy/ad ware, but WANT to use kazaa, you should LEAVE cydoor alone. :p

or get lite. ;)

i leave cydoor alone when i run ad-aware. if i get rid of it, i have to reinstall kazaa. -_- very annoying. its happend to me twice. :p

7. DemonSoul666

[resolved] tact thanks for the tips I just found out that I had to reinstall Kazaa.

8. Tact

Tact

yay. i helped somebody! weee. your welcome!

/me will try lite version of kazaa! :D

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/96462

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice