1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Simply JavaScript: Link Open in new window

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by overnight, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. overnight

overnight Thread Starter

I know this should be pretty simple...but I am banging my head against the wall to make it work...here is the background:

I have aclient who would like a new trivia to show up daily on his website. DONE! Click for answer... DONE!

The problem is getting the answer to open up in it's own controlled window. Below is a copy of my script...please post changes of what I need to do...thank you.

<script>
    <!--

/*
    Daily trivia feed script
    */

var dailytrivia=new Array()
    var dailytrivialink=new Array()

//define the trivia below.

dailytrivia[1]='She was a prolific session singer in the late /‘/70s with Maranatha! Some of her most popular songs included “Nothing But The Blood”, “Our Love” and “Blame It On The One I Love”. Name the artist.'
    dailytrivia[2]='A husband and wife rock/jazz duo. Both were members of Seawind from 1977-80. The husband formed The Front. What were there names?'
    dailytrivia[3]='He joined the “Outlaws” as its bassist in 1980. In 1982 he recorded his first Christian album, a solo project while still with the Outlaws. He left the group and turned down an offer to join Spyro Gyra in /’/83. Who is this artist?'
    dailytrivia[4]='A pop vocal group formed in 1972 by Roger Breland served as a spring board for several popular Christian artists including Dick Tunney/Imperials, members of 4 HIM and Steve Green. Can you name the group?'
    dailytrivia[5]='They were brothers who were both responsible for forming the country rock band Mason Profitt that was formed in 1969. Can you name them?'
    dailytrivia[6]='Her Christian Oldie hits included Stubborn Love and I Belong To You and her last name almost rhymes with a vegetable. Can you name the artist?'
    dailytrivia[7]='Bill Gaither and the Bill Gaither Trio had many award winning songs over the years. Can you name three of them?'
    dailytrivia[8]='His hits included Come and See and Still Rolls The Stone. He began recording Christian music in 1979 and toured with Amy Grant. Can you name this artist?'
    dailytrivia[9]='Brown Bannister was very influential in developing the contemporary Christian music sound. He began by working in the studio with Chris Christian. Can you name some of the artists that he produced?'
    dailytrivia[10]='His chart toppers in 1985 included I Want To Know You and I Will No Wise Cast You Out. He is best known as the co-lead singer for Earth, Wind & Fire. Who is he?'
    dailytrivia[11]='Steve Archer joined his family’s group in 1965. He began a solo career in 1982. Can you name one of his most popular songs?'
    dailytrivia[12]='They were brothers Kraig and Greg. Popular songs by them include Wind On Summer Nights and Giving It Up. They formed a pop band in 1975. Name the group.'
    dailytrivia[13]='James Ward began recording in 1973 and wrote songs for artists including the Imperials, Truth and Pat Boone? He had a couple of chart toppers. What was the recording company he recorded with?'
    dailytrivia[14]='Born in 1957 from Ayr, Scotland, she left the London Academy of Operatic Art to study theology at London Bible College. In 1981 she began recording and toured with Cliff Richard. Can you name this artist?'
    dailytrivia[15]='Matthew Ward had a couple of solo hits that charted in 1980-Hold On and It’s All Right. He was best known as a member of what group?'
    dailytrivia[16]='Name three of the songs that Wayne Watson had that were in the top ten on CCMs charts in the Christian Oldies era.'
    dailytrivia[17]='Debbie Amstutz was a pop singer/songwriter who recorded from 1980-81. She was also a protégé of Dallas Holm. The title song to her album was a duet with Dallas. Name that tune.'
    dailytrivia[18]='They recorded two chart toppers in 1984 – “Surrender” and “Don’t Run Away”. They were formed in 1984 by Bob Carlisle. Name the group.'
    dailytrivia[19]='Born in 1951, he performed at Opryland Theme Park and in Wayne Newton’s Las Vegas show. He wrote songs recorded by Elvis Presley, B.J. Thomas, the Imperials and may others. Can you name this artist?'
    dailytrivia[20]='The Archers started recording in 1972 and were popular through the end of the Christian oldies era. How many of their chart topping hits can you name?'
    dailytrivia[21]='This Christian music pioneer from San Jose, CA started his first band at age 15. His Christian oldie hits included “Turning Thirty” and “Who Will Save The Children?”. Who was the artist?'
    dailytrivia[22]='A session singer for jingles for Juicy Fruit Gum, Steak-n-Shake Restaurants and Chick-Fil-A Restaurants was a featured soloist with the Bill Gaither Trio in 1981-82. What is her name?'
    dailytrivia[23]='This hard rock group was formed in 1982 by some of the members of the Bill Gaither Band. Their song “We Are His Hands” was number one in 1984. Name this group.'
    dailytrivia[24]='What contemporary Christian band had a lead singer/guitarist who was a descendant of Francis Scott Key and had a singer/keyboardist that was a descendant of Davy Crokett?'
    dailytrivia[25]='What contemporary Christian artist once worked with Joe Cocker and won a CBS-TV talent show defeating “The Carpenters”?'
    dailytrivia[26]='A Former drummer for Paul McCartney recorder for Refuge Records. What was his Name?'
    dailytrivia[27]='The Imperials went through a few member changes over the years. One of the most memorable combinations and the group that recorded the album, One More Song For You&quot; in 1979 included what members?'
    dailytrivia[28]='Popular recording artist Bonnie Rait recorded a gospel album in the early eighties under what name?'
    dailytrivia[29]='What Ohio-born guitarist whose fluent style won the praise of no less than Jimi Hendrix released his first solo album, What A Day&quot; in 1973?'
    dailytrivia[30]='This artist had chart toppers like, "What a difference you have made in my life" and "I want to be more like Jesus" in 1979, and "Jesus on my mind" hit number 1 in 1980. Who was the artist?'
    dailytrivia[31]='He Joined the New Christy Minstrels in 1962, went solo in 1965 and recorded the #1 anti-war theme “Eve Of Destruction”. Who is the artist?'

//URL to trivia answers

dailytrivialink[1]="URLDOTCOM"
    dailytrivialink[2]=""
    dailytrivialink[3]=""
    dailytrivialink[4]=""
    dailytrivialink[5]=""
    dailytrivialink[6]=""
    dailytrivialink[7]=""
    dailytrivialink[8]=""
    dailytrivialink[9]=""
    dailytrivialink[10]=""
    dailytrivialink[11]=""
    dailytrivialink[12]=""
    dailytrivialink[13]=""
    dailytrivialink[14]=""
    dailytrivialink[15]=""
    dailytrivialink[16]=""
    dailytrivialink[17]=""
    dailytrivialink[18]=""
    dailytrivialink[19]=""
    dailytrivialink[20]=""
    dailytrivialink[21]=""
    dailytrivialink[22]=""
    dailytrivialink[23]=""
    dailytrivialink[24]=""
    dailytrivialink[25]=""
    dailytrivialink[26]=""
    dailytrivialink[27]=""
    dailytrivialink[28]=""
    dailytrivialink[29]=""
    dailytrivialink[30]=""
    dailytrivialink[31]=""

var mydate=new Date()
    var year=mydate.getYear()
    if (year < 1000)
    year+=1900
    var day=mydate.getDay()
    var month=mydate.getMonth()+1
    if (month<10)
    month="0"+month
    var daym=mydate.getDate()

document.dailytrivia.dailycontent.value=dailytrivia[daym]

function moretrivia(){
    if (dailytrivialink[daym])
    window.location=dailytrivialink[daym]
    else
    alert("No Answer Available for this trivia question.")
    }

//-->
    </script>

Thank you in advanced.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice