1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Simply unplugging my headphones and plugging them back in seemed to break them. HELP!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lordhelikz, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordhelikz

lordhelikz Thread Starter

I have the Hyperx Cloud and the microphone easily unplugs from the headphones so that you can choose to not have a mic some times. While I was talking with my friends on skype and needed to mute the mic quickly so I just pulled out the microphone and when i plugged it back in it didn't work. I have googled many solutions but nothing seems to work.

2. Dougx789

Dougx789

Do the speakers still work after you have unattached /reattached the mic?

Presuming you are running Windows (as you haven't specified)

Open control panel, then open Sound (depending on your OS and view options you may need to click on the Hardware and Sound option first or similar)

In the sound window, click on the Recording tab.

With the Mic attached how many devices do you see?

Is the Mic on your headset set as Default?

If you remove the mic and reattach (with the sound window open) does the mic get recognised and show back up in this list?

Does it remain as default / enabled?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!