1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sims 1 neighborhood re-installing from disk

Discussion in 'Games' started by lovesimsplzhelp, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovesimsplzhelp

lovesimsplzhelp Thread Starter

I recently reinstalled the sims 1 (have all games through Makin Magic installed). I use windows xp. I have my neighborhood saved onto a disk from my last computer but I can't remember HOW to place it back into my game. I've done it before but I just can't remember HOW!

I know I took the folder and saved it on my desktop. Went into the sims folders and drug the saved neighborhood folder into one of the folders on the sims game but can't figure out which one :( Do I need to reinstall all the downloads (ex: sets, wallpaper, floors, etc) before my saved neighborhood will show up?

PLEASE HELP! I miss playing.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    Usually under My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims > Saves

3. lovesimsplzhelp

lovesimsplzhelp Thread Starter

I know the following steps worked for me last time I tried: click on maxis folder, then the sims folder and a group of folders come up from "downloads" through "user data". I placed my saved neighborhood file in one of those folders the last time I did this but I can't seem to find the one that works to do it now.

1) I need to find the folder I need to place my saved neighborhood file folder (saved on a disk) to and 2)need to know if I have to have all my previous downloads placed back into my game before the saved neighborhood should be placed back into the game.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029883

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice