1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sims 2 Double Deluxe can't uninstall

Discussion in 'Games' started by Izzy86, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izzy86

Izzy86 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I've tried searching the threads, and have seen a few questions on this, but I don't see a resolution, but the posts are closed.
    I have Windows 7, and I did have Sims 2: Double Deluxe/ University/Open For Business/Fun with Pets/Seasons/Bon Voyage/Free time/Apartment Life on my computer. They all ran just fine, no issues there. After a while I decided to remove the games to clear up my computer, and I uninstalled the expansion packs just fine, but when I tried to uninstall the Double Deluxe, I got the error message "You currently have one or more expansion packs installed. You must uninstall all expansion packs before uninstalling The Sims 2 Double Deluxe." Before I found this site, I've searched the internet. -please note that I started this well over 6 months ago, I just got too frustrated to continue after a couple days- I got to the point that I tried to uninstall via control panel. I searched my entire computer for anything that had "sim" in the name. There's nothing but Sims 2 Double Deluxe. So I tried to reinstall the games in case I was missing a link or something...I started with University, and it will get to 99% (on the second disc) and it will give me a message "This product will now ensure that your existing installation is up to date." I clicked ok & it instantly gave me an error message "The update did not complete successfully. Install will now terminate." I searched for answers, & came up with needing an update. So I found the Sims 2 update & it tells me "The Sims 2 is already up to date." So I tried to download the game again, and still the same response.
    It has been a while (like I said, at least 6 months) since I played Sims 2, and now I do want it back on my computer to play, but I can't get anything to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ~Izzy

** EA Games is also in my Program Files (x86), and there is an application called "The Sims 2 Double Deluxe_uninstall". When I click that, it asks if I want to continue, & I clicked yes, and then it doesn't seem to do anything.**

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!