1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sims 2 Expansion

Discussion in 'Games' started by Gutterman, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gutterman

Gutterman Thread Starter

Hey guys

I bought Sims 2 and "Open for Business" for my daughter and since installing "Open for Business" Sims 2 no longer functions at all...whens I try to runs Sims 2 it tells me to put in the expansion disk god what an awfull mess this game is.(n) (n)

Any suggestions

2. Jones

Jones

After you install an expansion pack for the Sims, you use that disk to play the game from that point on. Put the OFB cd in the drive, then start the game. It should work that way.

3. Gutterman

Gutterman Thread Starter

But the OFB disk only plays OFB dosn't it?

4. Jones

Jones

Once you install an expansion pack, it overwrites certain files essential to the overall game structure. You still have all the functionality of the original Sims 2 game, but it adds the features of the new expansion pack. When you try to start the game with the old disks, it doesn't recognize the altered files of the new pack.

Even though you're playing with the OFB disk, you can still visit all the same places you could before, use the same characters (if you didn't delete them), and everything else. It just adds the new OFB stuff if you want to use it.

In a nutshell, once you add an expansion pack, the original game and the new pack are merged into one program. The old desktop link for the Sims 2 won't work anymore. You have to use the new shortcut for OFB to play the game, with the OFB disk.

5. Gutterman

Gutterman Thread Starter

Thanks for that you have made my daughter very happy

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!