1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sims 2 Game Has Reset Itself. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Games' started by _expo, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. _expo

_expo Thread Starter

Ok so basically I've had the sims 2 installed on my computer for a while now and it had been running perfectly but all of a sudden the game just resets itself! All the families I made are gone, the default families in the neigborhood have gone back to how they were at the start of the game and the family bin is empty. Every time I try to enter the game it takes longer to load as if I just installed it.
    I didn't download anything dodgy and I am certain that my game was updated with the latest patchesfor my Free Time expansion pack so I'm not sure what could have caused this issue.
    The weird thing is that in the sims 2 folder on my computer everything is the way it was before. All my cc, pictures, videos, characters - everything is fine. I really don't know what's happening but if someone could help me get my game back I would really appreciate it. :)

2. _expo

_expo Thread Starter

I have some good news and some bad news.
    The good news is that my sims are still in the game. I was able to find them using TwoJeffs Sim Blender > Teleport > Summon.
    The bad news is that everything about my sims has been deleted. Their relationships, aspirations, memories, personalities, family trees and attractions are all gone.
    Does anyone know how I can possibly get them back?

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    to confirm, you are loading up your saved game? Sounds like you are making a new one.

4. _expo

_expo Thread Starter

Yes I am loading a saved game but recently my game reset itself and acts like a new game even though nothing has changed in my sims 2 folder.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026884

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice