1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sims 2 on Windows 7, Securom Questions

Discussion in 'Games' started by FatalGTX, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatalGTX

FatalGTX Thread Starter

I have a few questions about securom on the Sims 2, I decided to get into playing the Sims 2, and got the Double deluxe (with nightlife and celebration stuff), University Life, Best of Business, Fun with Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Freetime, Apartment Life, Glamour Life Stuff, and Happy Holiday Stuff. I am aware that a few if all of those have Securom on them, I've also heard many horrible stories involving securom messing with disc drives, crashing the computer, tampering with things like anti-virus software, and other problems that some have said ultimately kill a pc, I need to know, Will Securom do any of this, as I've seen numerous posts across various forums, even amazon.com about the problems people has had from Securom, it's about worried me sick >.< . I'm concerned it may tamper with my anti-virus software, and other softwares, as I run AVG anti-virus, various emulators for old consoles, a number of pc games, and I'm also wondering if Sims 2 will work properly on my pc. I run Windows 7 home premium 32-bit with a NVIDIA GeForce 210 graphics card, 2.66GHz quad-processing with 4GB of RAM. On a side note, I did install The Sims2 Double Deluxe, and while the disc was in my disc drive, on My Computer it was saying I had 2 drives, one with something that started on the lines of "BDdrive" or something (which is only present when the disc is in), and that I also had removed Securom through use of a removal tool/regedit for fear of it causing immediate problems.

2. FatalGTX

FatalGTX Thread Starter

Can anyone please help? I'm afraid to play/install the sims2 if Securom does what I've heard it does about messing with various things on the pc, does it cause any form of a problem on computers? I've heard across various forums of how it can even cause computers to crash, even needing to reformat on some cases.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/985656

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice