1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection not compatible with Windows 8?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Stitchpuppy01, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stitchpuppy01

Stitchpuppy01 Thread Starter

I just got Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin Support, but it won't run at all on my computer. It's a windows 8.1 with graphics card AMD Radeon HD 8210. Support stressed that it doesn't run because it's not compatible, but I've always been able to play Sims 2 on this computer. Here are the things I've already done:

- Run as administrator in both Windows 7 and WindowsXP Package 3 mode
    - Removed the "TM" from the display name in the registry editor
    - reinstalled it from Origin
    - Tried to run it out of Origin's App
    - download a new paul.dll file from the support site
    - Run Origin App in Windows 7 Compatibility mode

I just reinstalled the game last night and nothing's changed. It won't launch at all or give me an error message of any kind. Support says they have no intentions of updating it to make it compatible with Windows 8-10 either. Is there anything I can do?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!