1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sims 2 - Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Man_u_fan, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Man_u_fan

Man_u_fan Thread Starter

OK problem consists of installing the game itself, when the disc is inserted the autorun feature will not display, when I go into my computer the DVD Drive has no Sims 2 image displayed onto it either. When i enter the disc myself and try to run the 'setup.exe' feature as the admin then windows will try to process this but will never actually start, no process will be created either. When I try to run the Autorun feature from the disc as the admin then an error message will be displayed saying:

Missing file:

Cannot find required DLL 'C:\windows\system32\AutoRunGUI.Dll'

I have tried researching but could not find any help, something did work by creating folder within the local disc and copying the disc content but if some disc have 2 discs for instance the main game has 4, then it cannot run the next one when it asks you to change. So anyone out there that can suggest ideas?

Cheers

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Have you gone to the OEM of the game's website to see if there are issues in running the program on a Vista machine?

3. Man_u_fan

Man_u_fan Thread Starter

I have had a look but they say that Sims 2 should run perfectly on Vista?

4. Man_u_fan

Man_u_fan Thread Starter

Problem is to do with the DVD drive, tried another driver, a CD one, plugged it in and it worked and installed the discs but now I need to knwo my my DVD drive isn't doing the job?

5. Man_u_fan

Man_u_fan Thread Starter

Ok now the both drives are doing the same thing! What is the problem?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648984

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice