1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sims 3 refuses to play! :(

Discussion in 'Games' started by star_girl_k, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. star_girl_k

star_girl_k Thread Starter

So i recently purchased the sims 3 and yesterday installed it onto my asus laptop. I figured it should all work smoothly as the laptop is only a few months old and has nothing on is (no pictures, barely any music). The game installed fine but when i tried to create a sim it loaded for about 30 seconds and then froze. I researched the internet and the main advice going was to update my drivers. I checked my computer for updates but there was none needed. I went back onto the sims and changed the screen resolution but this didn't work either. Instead of trying to create a sim i moved a default family into a house and tried to play but again it loaded for 30 seconds and froze.
    Therefore, in actual fact i haven't even played the game.
    Somebody please help i'm going insane looking for solutions!
    Kirsty

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    considering you are trying to use a laptop, my suspicions is that it may not work well. Laptops are more designed without gaming in mind.

Try www.canyourunit.com and see if it says it should or should not run

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!