Sims 3 Video card error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hotty007

I have a Nvidia Geforce 8600GT 512mb graphics card, and yet im not able to play the game. Whenever i start the game, it says "no video card detected" error msg.

I just cant understand this at all. PLz help me

Attachments

Hi Hotty007

Where did you buy the computer? Did you install the Video card yourself?
I would suggest making sure you have the latest drivers installed for your video card.

Also can you do the following for me?

Right-click on my computer and select properties
Once you have done that select the Hardware Tab at the top
then select "Device Manager"
Expand the "Display Adapters" heading
Under that should be your graphics card which is installed...if you could right click on it and select properties and then select the "Driver" Tab

Take a screen shot of that for me and post it like you did with the error. Maybe I can help you out but I need more information

hotty007

I have the latest video drivers and direct x. Tried many things, but the game just didn't start.

You need more info, you got it....here's the details of my graphics card

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8600 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0402&SUBSYS_22851682&REV_A1
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 720 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: SyncMaster 740NW
Monitor Max Res: 1280,720
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0011.9062 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/17/2009 00:57:00, 5845760 bytes

Hope this information helps.

Hi Hotty

If you go to your Device Manager...which is under My computer>Properties>Hardware

I need you to go to your display adapter properties...under the General tab there is a Location...can you type that out for me...does it say PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0?

Hi Hotty

This problem looks like a very common problem. Ive see this game run on a basic hp laptop...so it should run on your computer. Have any updates come out for the game yet? Do you have EA Download manager installed?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online