1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sims 3 vs Sims 4: Crashing

Discussion in 'Games' started by crcook84, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crcook84

crcook84 Thread Starter

I decided to try Sims 3 because it’s free to Origin access members. Unfortunately, my computer is one of the many out there that, despite having a powerful enough computer, cannot run Sims 3 without it crashing. (I even got past the Sims creation screen and was working on my house when it crashed.) Having done enough research on the internet about how to deal with Sims 3 crashing, I came to the conclusion that there is no easy answer as to how to keep your computer from crashing while playing Sims 3. Instead, I’m considering trying Sims 4.

Before I do, considering how notorious Sims 3 has become for not working on certain computers or with newer hardware, how does Sims 4 compare? Obviously, it’s newer and should work with newer hardware. However, I’ve played older games on my computer before and they haven’t had nearly the same problems that Sims 3 had. As such, does anyone know if Sims 4 has any of it’s own querks, like glitching, crashing, game freezing, and other anomalies that are impossible to solve?

2. StiffPaul

StiffPaul

I have Sims 4 and I think it runs better than Sims 3 on my laptop..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!