Sims Complete Collection: Loading Hell

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

misoxmikado

After about two weeks of searching, I finally found my registration key for my Sims Complete Collection. I was a tab bit worried that it might not be compatible with Vista, but I installed it anyway. Everything went fine until I actually tried to run the game. It'll get to the map view, and give me about four different loading screens, in succession. Once those are all done, there's a brief pause, (in which all the build, exit, new family, etc. buttons are completely unresponsive. additionally, I can't click on the house which the giant orange arrow directs me to) and then it goes back to those four loading screens again. Repeat to the nth power. Can someone help?

Vista have issues with a lot of games. The first steps that you should take are:

-Update your graphics driver with the most recent Vista compatible version.
-See if EA has released any Vista patches for SIMS 2 and install them.
-Defrag your hard drive.

misoxmikado

Nevermind! I found a fix myself: simply right click the shortcut and "Run as Admin".

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online